The information below describes a weekend bike tour that I’ll lead on June 27-28. About 10 days before the ride, I’ll send additional information to those who register.
- Date & Time: July 27-28, starting at noon on July 27
- Starting Point: To be determined, but it’ll be on a bike trail in Mnpls or a western suburb
- Destination: Carver Park/Zumbra Campsite
- Route: About 25 slow miles that are mostly on a bike trail.This is the one-way distance.
- Ride Highlights: Click here to see a blog post that shows and tells about a similar ride.
- Group Min-Max: 4-10 (I’ll try to increase this if more people sign up.)
- Cost: $25
- Price includes: Camping fee, supper on Saturday night, and breakfast on Sunday. Both meals will be “camping” meals. That means we’ll all help to make a meal using a camping stove and other gear.
- What you’ll need:
- Camping gear and clothing for 2 days and 1 night.
- A bike in good condition capable of carrying your gear.
- Normally, that is a steel bike since it is the most reliable for carrying extra gear.
- Aluminum or carbon fiber bikes can crack when carrying gear. If you use one of those bikes, please ask an experienced bike mechanic if the bike can carry your gear.
- You will likely need panniers/saddlebags to carry your gear. If you do not own them, please ask Steven for options for buying or renting low-cost panniers.
Unique Dietary Needs
If you have special dietary needs, please let me know. I will make an effort to meet anyone’s unique needs. Having said that, food and other supplies for this trip will largely depend on a small-town grocery store near our campsite.
Preparing for the Ride
The links below show how to prepare for a weekend bike tour. If you have questions, please post them in the discussion at the bottom of this page. Due to the high number of spam discussion comments, I need to approve your post the first time you make one.
- What to pack
- How to pack
- Intro to Bike Touring page on this site
To register, please send me $25, using one of the options below. The cost will cover the price of a campsite and two meals. After receiving payment, I will send you a confirmation note in email.
- PayPal: http://paypal.me/cyclecoder/
- Check: Send a check to:
1080 2nd Ave NW
St. Paul, MN 55112
If the ride has to be cancelled, you will be refunded your amount minus the cost of the campsite, which cannot be refunded. Your individual cost of the campsite will vary depending on the size of the group.